Saturday 5 June 2010

Bitter disappointment

It’s not often I buy make up and get it home and regret my purchase but I cannot work out how to make this product work so it definitely falls into this category.

MAC Cream Colour base in Hush

DSCN0515

Its a nice peach, with a lot of gold in it and I thought it would make the perfect base under a peach blush.

I swatched in my CCO and was very impressed with the colour pay off. I got it home, applied it on my cheeks and… nothing.
I’ve tried it as a highlight but it blends in so much that it does nothing.
I’ve tried it on my eyes, even under different bases (it also being a cream base itself, remember) and it creased like crazy.

Here’s a few swatches of bitterness!
hush2
hush3
The swatches look much better on my hand than my face.

Anyone advice on how to make this work? Or should I put it to the back of my make up drawer and forget its existence?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I partly know what you mean with this - it's nowhere near as amazing as I thought it was going to be. But I have been using it as a base for blusher/highlight. I find it makes the blush last longer and gives a nice healthy sheen - but second time around, I wouldn't bother buying it.

SilhouetteScreams said...

You could use it as a base for powder blushes to increase longevity/colour payoff? Idk that's what I was going to buy it for :D