Wednesday 24 March 2010

Cutting the crease with Sleek

I spent Sunday morning watching vids on how to cut the crease as I’ve never successfully tried it. If you don’t know, cutting the crease mainly involves drawing a line in your crease, which usually contrasts with the lid colour you have, giving you a clean line, between 2 or more colours.

Bicky has kindly let me use her gorgeous image to show you

bicky

Here’s her original post.

So after purchasing a new angled liner brush(2 *ahem*) and the new Sleek Bohemian palette on Sunday afternoon, I decided to give crease cutting a go.

DSCN0028

DSCN0033

DSCN0043

For this look I used the white, purple, blue, black and green from the Bohemian palette.

DSCN0008

My look is slightly different to Bicky’s but I don’t think it’s too bad for a first attempt! I would def put more eye shadow up into the brow bone, I noticed it was lacking in the photos. I think this something I’ll keep practising at, I just love the way it looks.

Have you tried cutting the crease? I’d love to see your pics and pick up any tips to improve.

XOXO

6 comments:

Steph & The Spaniels said...

Great go at it, I never have tried it before either. After listening to you & Bicky & seeing her link yesterday on twitter & now seeing this, I really want to have a go
:)
x

Emma Jade said...

looks great! may give this a go :)
xxx

Bicky said...

Awww good try. I love the look of that purple!

I think this look can be quite a difficult one to execute. I can't do it at that moment, I tried. :( The practice is so worth it though I reckon.

And Steph you should def try it! :D

Milly said...

Your attempt is awesome, and miles better than anything I could ever do! I think it is such a fab look :) go girlie and rock it!
Bicky...I am not worthy...! You eye is HOT :)
xxx

SilhouetteScreams said...

Great try :) crease cutting is the one thing I CANNOT master. Then again, I think I've only tried like twice LOL

Nik said...

Wow I would never even get close to that! Great job!

www.niksbeautifuldaze.blogspot.com