Monday 29 March 2010

Cheap skincare review

I’m not one to write about skincare, I don’t consider myself an expert but I thought I’d share this cheap skincare recommendation

As you may know, I share my time staying at my home and my bf’s. As I’ve been doing this for 4 1/2 years now, I’ve had to double up on some things to leave at his, rather than lugging the contents of my room backwards and forwards. Skincare was def something I need to leave at his house, so in my quest to find something reasonably priced, I found Boots essentials cucumber range

S4011726

My best pal switched me on to this range a few years ago, as she always used the facial wipes.

I’ve used this cleansing lotion and toner for a few months now, here’s my review

The product-Boots Essential Cucumber Cleansing lotion and facial toner

How much was it? £1.49 each

Where can you buy it? Boots

What they say- Toner- “Boots Essentials Cucumber Facial Toner refreshes and tones the skin, removing the last traces of make -up and excess oils.”
I can’t find anything about the cleansing lotion.

What I say- I am so impressed with such cheap skincare. I haven’t broken out, both feel light and don’t dry my skin out. The cleanser is not greasy, the toner is very mild and both work to remove all my make up. The smell is gorgeous, really fresh although I know some people aren’t keen on it. You can easily smell it before you buy to make sure. I have also used both over my eyes and haven’t experience any irritation.

How do I use it? I apply the cleanser to a cotton pad first and sweep all over my face, I usually do this with 2 or 3 pads as the lotion is fairly runny and soaks in quickly. I then do the same with the toner.

ld I buy it again? Definitely. Really bargain skincare that does the job.


Any drawbacks? I haven’t found any. The lotion is quite runny so you end up using quite a bit, but it is very cheap, so replacing isn’t too costly. Saying that, I still have loads left after using a couple of times a week for a few months. I can’t say how this fairs on anyone else’s skin though, but it is very light and not oily, so I can’t imagine it would cause too many problems.

So a big thumbs up from me, fantastically cheap skin care for when you’re strapped for cash.

XOXO

No comments: