Thursday 25 March 2010

42 Beauty questions

I don’t particularly enjoy blog tags, but I have enjoyed reading this one so I thought I’d fill it in to pass time time

SKINCARE
1)How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash it with water in the morning and I cleanse with creams and cotton wool at night

2)What skin type do you have?
Normal/combination. It doesn’t really get dry or spotty

3)What is your current facial wash?
Either Garnier Pure active black head scrub or Vichy Essentielles facial wash

4)Do you exfoliate?
Yes

5)What brand do you use?
I find Garnier Pure active scrub quiet exfoliating, but I’m using my L’oreal scrublet everyday which does the trick.

6)What moisturiser do you use?
Day- Superdrug Optimum and Night- Boots botanics. I’m not massively into expensive skin care.


7)Do you have freckles?
Loads and Loads

8)Do you use eye cream?
I do when I remember! I have a really nice YSL one.

9)Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No. My chin has always gotten a little spotty, but it’s always to do with hormones.


10)Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
No

MAKE-UP
11)What foundation do you use?
I’m currently using either Maybelline Pure mineral powder, Revlon Photoready or C2000 Lasting perfection


12)How about concealer?
YSL Touche Eclait, Maybelline pure mineral and MAC Studo finish

13)Do you know your undertone colour?
I’m not 100% but I think I’m more yellow based than pink

14)What do you think of fake eyelashes?
LOVE them. Couldn’t apply them for years and then suddenly got the knack. Just been asked if I’d like to review some actually

15)Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I know that’s what recommended but sod it. If it’s not dry and my eyes are irritated I’m still going to use it

16)What brand of mascara do you use?
Covergirl.

17)Sephora or Mac?
You can’t really compare as one’s a brand, one’s a beauty outlet. I love MAC, but I love Sephora.

18)Do you have a Mac Pro card?
No.

19)What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
Brushes and eyelash curlers

20)Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I use MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre, which not only holds the eyeshadow as well as UDPP et al, but also balances your skin tone so even the skin without shadow on looks good. I apply it all over my lid, up to my eyebrows.

21)For the face?
not at the moment. I was using Gosh but I’ve run out and don’t really feel the need to get another. Although they have just launched a new one…

23)Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Liquid every time. Pencil just looks stupid on me and I’ve NEVER got the hang of smudging it

24)How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never

25)What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I really like them but I never find myself using mine all that often.

26)Do you use mineral makeup?
I use mineral foundation, but I’ve never really tried anything else

27)What is your favourite lipstick?
At the moment it’s NYX Orange Soda or MAC Viva Glam Cyndi. My most fav of all time was MAC Colour Crafted which was LE and I lost in a club :(

28)How about lipgloss?
MAC Creme Dazzleglass in Sublime Shine

29)What is your favourite blush to use?
Coralista by Benefit

30)Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
I’ve only bought Seche Top coat. I’m too scared of fakes

31)Do you like drugstore makeup?
I do. See my Favourites post


32)Do you go to CCO's?Cosmetic Company Outlet?
I happen to live right near one so I go alot. I’ve managed to limit the number of times I visit more than I used to. It was costing me a lot of money> That said, I have saved some money on some permanent items like Studio finish concealer, MSF natural and Woodwinked e/s. Plus brushes are cheap there too!

33)Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I have. G has offered to pay. I’m too scared :\

34)Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I don’t think so

35)Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Bad eyeshadow blending. Where someone’s just slapped some black into the crease. Yuck.

36)Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Masses and masses of colour- the brighter the better!

37)Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Lady Gaga

38)If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Liquid eyeliner

39)Could you leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes.

40)Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
No, my mum’s always nagged me when I don’t wear make up

41)In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line?
I couldn’t choose because some are better for different products than others.

42)What do you think of makeup?
I love creativity with make up. I don’t agree with the idea that someone who wears make up or owns a lot is doing it for anyone else or hiding their face. Admittedly I do like using make up to cover my flaws but it’s about so much more than that

XOXO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've read a lot of these and really enjoyed reading yours. I think we have a lot of similar views! Think I will do this myself X