Wednesday 5 August 2009

Proud

I've already tweeted about this today but I'm so proud of myself I felt it deserved a whole post.
Today I choose clothes, had them in my hand, was queuing at the till...and then decided I didn't want them and put them back!

We had to pop to H&M on the way home(boy wanted new boxers) and my nearest H&M has had a face lift, and suddenly got some amazing clothes in it.
So I started picking out a few things, and some earrings, and make up and shower gel and then I had like £30 worth of stuff.
and I looked at it, and suddenly thought "I really don't need any of this." It was all summer stuff(which apparently doesn't exist in the UK) and I just put it all back and left. I put it back where I found it, having worked in a shop, I know how annoying it is when people just stuff things anywhere close and walked out.
I HAVE NEVER, EVER DONE THIS. EVER.
I'm really pleased, I think this spending less money and wasting money thing is finally hitting home and I feel really good about it. Yay!
XOXO
Edit- As he was really proud of me for this, the bf bought me a treat today. Actually he bought me three tops and some leggings :D I saved money AND got new things.

5 comments:

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Yay well done you, that's what you call willpower ;) x

Phibster said...

Well done!!
I'm definitely going to try this... you should make a name for it, set a trend!

www.peluxe100.blogspot.com

Cat said...

well done! wish i could do that!!
i bought stew a t-shirt today and in return he bought me the curious pallette, i didnt actually save any money but i feel like i did because i didnt buy it x

hazeleyes said...

well done! I definately couldn't have had that much will power!! xXx

Music said...

Well done! :) Esp. now that the British "BBQ weather" prediction is not happening.