Sunday 16 February 2014

Why I don't like Valentines day

Prepare yourself, I'm going on a rant so you might want to skip this post if you're not in the mood for a moan!

I can't stand Valentines day. There. I said it. 

I can't stand its smugness, it's lack of any sentiment and it's ability to make amazing people feel less of a person for not being in a couple. 

I have been with my boyfriend for over eight years now, and we still say I love you everyday. We often go for meals and dates together. We often buy gifts and presents for each other. We don't need a day to validate any of this. That's what part of being a couple is all about. 


Sure, the day can be taken as light hearted and fun, but can also cause arguements if forgotten. The smugness of it can upset someone who is not part of a couple and I can't bear the idea of someone feeling bad or alone because they haven't received over priced flowers on one particular day of the year. 

I say, get rid of February 14th. Spoil yourself or someone else and make everyday like Valentines day. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, totally agree! Valentines is soooo overrated. My boyf and I don't even see each other aha!

Thanks for the help of twitter yesterday :)

Lovely blog and following you now so can't wait to read more!

Vicky
Lots of Love, Me.