Sunday 10 May 2009

New hair and top picks

Hi guys,



I've had my hair cut into a slightly different style and although I was a bit wary at first, I've decided that I love it. My hair is basically undercut, all the way round my head, very short, not shaved, pointed at my face and then the upper layers get longer round my face. I had my fringe cut at an angle this time, as below, and as I said, I now love it.





I don't really have much to talk about, I bought some things from MAC recently, which should arrive in a few days so I'll do a haul/review then. I'm just gonna go through some summer top picks for clothes and beauty.


TOP PICKS.


Bleached/acid tone jeans.
I got a really cheap pair from Primark a little while ago (I got cheap ones in case I hated them) but I looooove them. They're so sickeningly 80's. Plus I actually have found that Primark jeans fit me best out of any I've tried. BUY SOME. I'm not skinny, and they still suit me so I'd wouldn't be scared off by that.


Batiste Tropical dry shampoo
I LOOOOVE this. It's just so cheap and Tropical smells of coconuts. You simply spray it on your hair, rub it in and brush it out. It just freshens up your hair and makes it smell gorgeous. I have to be careful as my hair is dark, and it can leave a white/grey tinge to your hair. I find it's ok if I don't use too much and brush it out really well.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=28848&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051
That's the link for Boots. I actually got mine in Morrisons and it was cheaper there


Revlon Colourstay Makeup with soft flex
This is quite literally the best foundation I have found for my skin and it's not too expensive. i originally picked up some in Walgreens in Vegas as I ran out of Benefit foundation there and I haven't looked back. I get the oily/combination skin type and it just seems to last all day, without transfering off (My phone's touch screen used to be filthy with foundation!)
I'm on my third bottle since November.

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=30122&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051


Summer clothes.
I like to keep my off season clothes under my bed in a vacuum pack so I have more room in my wardrobe for current season and I think it's time to make the switch over. I cannot WAIT to wear my maxi dress again. It's multi-coloured crazy print and gorgeous. I've also completely forgotten what else is in it, so it's a bit like getting a new wardrobe!


NEONS
This summer I am loving neon coloured things. Since my hair is so dark I can get away with all bright colours. I have a fantastic neon yellow dress that I'm going to wear out in a few weeks so I may blog about styling it up.


I think that's enough for now, as I said, I'm gonna do a MAC haul after it arrives this week and I think I will do the neon styling post as it can be quite hard to wear.

The newest edition of Rant should be out now, so if you live in Portsmouth, pop into the library, pick up a copy and read my article.


Loveya XOXO

No comments: