Saturday 17 October 2009

Help? Urban Decay

Once upon a time there was a wee girl who loved buying make up.  She spent all her pocket money on it, but because she was little, she could only afford cheap brands. She would read her magazines and gaze in wonder at UD. The amazing colours and the even better names.

Urban-Decay-Fafi-Ad

On a shopping trip after her birthday, she decided to part with her precious birthday gold and buy some UD nail polish.  This polish was £8, which was a fortune to the little girl but the nail polish was the brightest, pinkest sparkly polish she’d ever seen and she had to have it.

Excited, she rushed home and painted her nails with it.  She was bitterly disappointed.  The polish was watery, took ages to dry and chipped within hours of applying it.  Every so often she would try the polish again, in hope that it had magically changed, but each time the polish threw the same problems at her.  She eventually gave in and threw it away and vowed to never touch UD again.

That’s my sorry story.  I actually haven’t touched UD since( I was about 11 or 12 at the time) but I’m now getting drawn in by the e/s.  There’s the famous UDPP which I’m curious about trying and the Book of Shadows look gorgeous.  This happened over 10 years ago and I’m now well aware that if you don’t like one type of product from the brand, it doesn’t mean you won’t like it all.

My question to you is do you like UD? What do you think the best products are and what would you recommend to me?

XOXO

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww honeypie! sorry to hear ur bad experience with the polish - I own the primer potion which is brilliant! The one eyeshadow (single one) has been excellent for me. If you're ever a bit iffy about the price try check it out on ebay.. I bought the primer potion (my first one!) for a fiver once! xxx

Laura-PBN said...

I loooooove UD! UDPP (of course) is amazing, the eyeshadows are excellent quality, like mac without the endless list of finishes - they're all quite shimmery/frosty, but the stand out product for me are the 24/7 pencils. How I lived before these I dont know! I love the glitter eyeliners too, but have found a cheaper alternative that's of equal quality in Collection 2000... ummm... I think that's all I've got. Oh, and if you are going to try the eyeshadows, avoid the ones with glitter at all costs or you'll look like a christmas tree with glitter everywhere on your face, no joke xx

Phibster said...

i like the primer potion, but then i've never compared it to anything.
Their eyeliners are really good, especially the glitter liquid ones if you like glitter!

Never tried a nail varnish though so i can't argue with that!

AbbieAndBrian said...

the eyeshadows are amazing!
probably on the same level (if not higher) than mac
and UDPP is genius!
xx

Lipglossiping said...

UDPP = <3

I've just got the book of shadows today - all shimmery/sparkly - great pigmentation and softness.

24/7 Liners... prefer the GOSH ones for the money.

I really liked the UD Polish I had! Gutted when they discontinued them.

Lip Primer = <3 too

LionLovingTiger said...

Haha... what the other girls said!

I've got some 24/7 liners, UDPP and the Ammo palette - it's glitter city but I've discovered using them over the MAC grease paint sticks minimises the glitter fallout when they're patted on.

x

Leanne said...

LUDITE!
Haha :D
Srsly, UDPP ftw! And the eyeshadows are some of the best on the market. I can't speak for any of their other products (24/7 pencils are meh), but UDPP and eyeshadows are brilliant. Trust us, you'll be kicking yourself for avoiding UD for so long when you try them!
xo

BrionyLou said...

To be honest I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance to UDPP, but I love the 24/7 eyeliners and last year's book of shadows. I'm trying not to buy this year's but I can feel my resistance crumbling everytime I walk into Boots.....

xx

Bicky said...

Going to be totally honest with you I was sceptical about all the hype over UDPP but I had a makeover at the UD counter on Thursday at 2 oclock then I was shopping till about half 7. Got home near 11 and went to bed at gone half 2 and I kept my make up on until I went to bed and it was still completly creaseless. I am seriously amazed. I'm going to put some swatches up of the new Book Of Shadows maybe on Monday? So if you wanna check those out. :P They are super pigmented with just one swatch.

Unknown said...

I was pretty anti UD until I heard a lot about UDPP, so I bought some in Sephora when I went to America, cuz it was a bit cheaper. I have to say that I have not looked back, I love it.