Tuesday 8 March 2011

DIY eyebrows

My eyebrows are scary. Long, misshapen and quick growing. I had them waxed every 4 weeks from the age of 13 to 19 and this didn’t do anything to make them grow less of finer. I always hated how out of shape they were until I started taking my brows into my own hands. They grew back so quickly and I couldn’t afford to get them done any more often so I decided to start waxing them myself.

Here’s how they look after about a week

DSCN1256 DSCN1257

A week after I’ve waxed them!

Here’s what I use

DSCN1263

Hair straighteners to heat the strips
Tweezers
Scissors
Old mascara wand
Superdrug Face & bikini wax strips

I start by brushing my brows and giving them a trim. This made a massive difference to my brows as I discovered a natural angled shape under my long hairs!

I then trim my strips to the required size for each bit of my eyebrow

DSCN1259

I then heat the strips by holding them between my GHD plates. You can use your hands but I find they work much better if they’re hotter.

Smooth the strip over the area you want to wax, hold taut and rip away! Tidy up any stray hairs with tweezers.

and Voila!

DSCN1264

DSCN1266

All ready to fill in!

No comments: