Sunday 5 September 2010

Meltdown!

Ages ago I tweeted about forgetting to put the lid on my beloved black track fluid line (gel eyeliner by MAC) and it drying up :(
My very own Indie Cindy suggested popping it in the microwave to soften it up but I was terrified this would happen

boom

So she suggested putting the jar in hot water to see if that softened it. I suddenly remembered tonight that I hadn’t tried this, so I pootled into the kitchen for a little experiment time.

DSCN0676

All cracked and hard :(

DSCN0677

I used water from the hot tap, rather than the kettle and put just enough in the bowl to fully submerge the glass part of the jar (check out G’s adorable Dumbo bowl- from when he went to Disneyland as a child!) and just left it there and the water cooled.

Then I took a cotton bud, gave it a little stir and hey presto!

DSCN0678

I was able to mix it up again.

I used this the next day and it was fine! Possibly slightly thicker than before and definitely messier looking than before but I have my fluid line back!




1 comment:

The Beautiful and Glammed said...

glad you recovered it, I couldn't live without black liner!

Great blog, definitely be back! Come follow TBAG if you fancy! xx